Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My first appointment - a cold call

When I have qualified the exam of IRDA for insurance agent, I was not having any work to do. The form was a commitment to one of my elderly friend. I was new to the city. I rarely knows the people there. I was in my country but feeling somewhere abroad.

I was in a habit to attend my office first in the morning and last in the evening, earlier at my place. So I retained that routine there also. Not having a good money with me and no place to go, I used to invest my most of the time there only.

I had never missed a chance to do anything whichever came in my way there. I used to help the visitors, filling of forms for other, do some banking activities, attending the invitee of my senior. I am a bit frustrated some time, when I was not cared and supported by the same way from some of my seniors as they do for others. I have to do all for myself. But I was enjoy it most of the time.

I have done many things in past but nothing was working for me now. Nothing was there which can boost my confidence. I always have the faith in myself but execution of the things was missing. Something was stopping me inside. Some unknown fear.

One day in the morning I requested the father of my senior to help me for doing cold calls as I was new to the city. He had taken the responsibility happily. And two days later I was on the roads with him hand in hand.

We moved to a distant place about a km. that was a banking square and an estate officer. There lot many attorney's and their assistant were sitting. He was observing intelligently. We have chose one from there. He signaled me to move to him.

With pure humbleness, the permission was taken from him to sit there. He was typing some legal documents. He have not disturbed him. After finishing his work in another 10 minutes, he hosted us with respect. I was standing and my elderly senior was sitting there.

He introduced me as an entrant to a new career and industry. A person with energy and knowledge, representing a big brand. He re applied a request. A request for when we can see him again in his available time for another 30 minutes to assist him with our knowledge and experience.

He allowed us at 3 pm, but on Saturday. this way I won my first appointment. An appointment on a cold call.





No comments:

Post a Comment