Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Decision

One day I was going to my younger brother’s house on a rickshaw. As per my nature, I asked him, ‘is this rickshaw your or on hire?’

He replied, ‘on hire sahib”.

After having a chat with him, I came to know that the rickshaw has a daily rent of Rs.15 and the cost of it is about Rs.6000.00.

I ask him, why don’t you buy it, instead of paying something daily? His replies was surprising, His reasons where not less than taught to any business manager in any standard business school.

I am not here for permanent. For temporary use, why should I buy?

I don’t know whether this will work for me or not.

The general wear and tear is of owner. I only pay if damage is asking for a big cost.

The insurance is bought by the owner.

I don’t have any financial liability on me for it. I am stress free.

The rickshaw doesn’t have a good re-sale value. After a fixed period I have to buy a new one.

It requires a place to keep, when I don’t work. The responsibility of it will be mine, if I buy.

I wish to grow in life, and this can never be an asset for that. I can earn my livings by efforts on it, not the life.

I have congratulated him. He possessed a right understanding and power of explaining his point of view.

A little learning a day from anybody can develop a man to great heights. Learning can be from anybody and at any place. They either strengthen my basics or provide me new way to look at the things.

The appreciation and encouragement have created a wonderful smile on his face. I felt winning, winning together.

No comments:

Post a Comment