Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Eating Habit

As a routine the mother of my children used to run after them for taking their food. They kept their strength always. The race ends in highest shout and their tears. Many times they take their bed without food or leave a lot behind unfinished.

During the day also it was very hard to make them for proper meals. As their mother has to do a lot other things and rare have a fix spare time to invest for their eating, it was taking a routine for not having proper meals.

One day keeping my basics right, I call upon my young champs. After hugging and making some fun, I ask them about their dream to grow strong and intelligent. As usual the reply was yes.

I have asked them, “Do you like to have a secret?” The secret was of my childhood. The success mantra which was disclosed to me by my mother and grandmother. They accepted. I have told them, it is all about the eating. I will tell you one time one secret and than another when you follow the first one.

The food is the blessings of God. We should wash our hands before eating, offer it first to God, thanks Him for his love, eat at one place, don’t talk and view T.V. in between. The food is to be chewed and keep your mouth closed. When you chew, your teeth become stronger. Take the dishes which you can finish, because after offered to God it because ‘Prasadam’, it can’t be let behind. After food wash your hand and mouth, dry your hands.

I have taken one week to make the secret unfold in full. After that they were with their previous way again, but now following some of the secrets told to them.

Every time I appreciate for what they have done and try to ask them what’s missed. I have encouraged them slowly and with the efforts of two months, its their habit now.

Some interesting changes develops in me too. I have to stop taking my calls in between the food now. It may of any importance because it’s the question of my children’s life. No T.V. even if there will be an important match or serial. Sorry!

Really we also learn with our children. It’s winning together.

No comments:

Post a Comment