Thursday, July 2, 2009

Be there always...

Though we read and repeat about it, but miss to give due importance to very little – little things. It may, to carry children to their school bus, to receive them on their return, to attend their parent teacher meeting or school function etc. Returning back to home after the pressure day work, rarely allow to attend the children regularly. Ask them to share their day or school with you.

Once it was Sunday and I have decided to attend a function of my younger daughter. I have promised her as she was in preparatory school and a participant in three programs.

I feel ashamed for not attending the previous times, when I saw her stepping up on the stage and was keeping her eye to locate us in audience. After finding us, her smile and confidence poured me with tears of joy.

It was the first time I have understood her school, teachers and their vision.

From that day onwards I understand that “Be there always” when their eyes are looking for you. When they are searching for your ears to share their feeling with you.

Now I try to take them to school bus. On weekend I propose myself to wait for their bus. The way the lift their bags, the dust on their clothes and faces. The art on their hands. Their innocent and naughty smile. It takes me back to my childhood.

They show me their bags and working at school. The remarks on their notebooks. I got the chance to understand them and correct it whenever I feel it necessary.

I respond them, first I listen properly and than I reply them complete. I am getting myself in, into their life. They have started feeling their importance in my life. They are making my feelings important for them.

Their morning starts by hugging me, kissing me on my forehead with the morning wish. Their day end and sound sleep require my arm to put on their head upon or my presence with my hands in their hairs.

I can earn more money than I need or expect but can’t get the childhood of my children again. My childhood in them again. Rightly said, “Any success outside cannot compensate the failure at home.”

My stress doesn’t require any management now. To be very honest, it vanishes just with the feeling of their presence. I never miss my goal now. I know for what I am working for.

I have started winning, Winning Together

No comments:

Post a Comment